The numbered entries below contain descriptions of the changes proposed in this consultation and links to the pages that contain proposed revisions to the rules.
You are invited to comment here regarding the approach taken and any areas you would like to see changed and on each linked page regarding the specific changes. On each linked page both the existing text and proposed changes in yellow are shown so that the difference can be seen without flicking between pages
- Finance rules changed to make the process for claiming expenses clearer volunteer.bcs.org/Rules_finance_c2
- Finance rules changed to say non BCS members are not able to claim expenses unless there are exceptional circumstances and they have got prior approval. Also at volunteer.bcs.org/Rules_finance_c2
- Removed "and accounts are available (in mid October)."as accounts are not essential volunteer.bcs.org/Rules_member_group_governance_meetings
- Clarification of Member Group Committee Roles. The document in section 2 of volunteer.bcs.org/Rules_committees is replaced by roles_committee_members.
- Additional guidance notes for MG Committees concerning the treatment of Personal Data from members and attendees at events at Rules_member_data_c
- Revisions governing the award of student prizes (this is at a high level to enable contributors to comment on objectives and the key changes) at Rules_student_prizes_consultation
The consultation will run from Monday 19th May until Friday 20th June 2014